Our trip, we are starting in Edinburgh for the later half of October, 2012. After that, we are going to Portugal for a month. Once we decide where we are going next, we’ll let you know!
Here is a list of different potential places on which I like to blog about in Edinburgh, if I get the time. Leave a comment if you have any further suggestions, or can hook me up with any sweet deals or Meet & Greets with the owners.
- Bank Bar – has gotten pricy since I lived here in ’08/’09
- Elephant House – still there, sign about Harry Porter not as funny as before
- Biddy Mulligans
- Opium – same ol’ cheap drinking, loud music dive of awesome
- Black Rose – see above
- The Tron – cheap, quiet in midday and the staff are nice
- The Last Drop
- Maggie Dickson’s
- Jykell & Hyde – love it
- Hendersons – best and tastiest veggie eats in town
- Brew Dog – freaking awesome! Go!
- Edinburgh Castle
- The Meadows
- Walter Scott Monument – worth it, and I am glad the admission is still only 3 quid
- Scotch Whisky Experience
- Writers’ Museum – not going to lie, I definitely sat on the couch upstairs and read some of “A Feast for Crows,” and showed Chad the trip step
- Greyfrier’s Kirkyard – always good for a stroll
- St. Gile’s Cathedral – changed their door and part of the inside is under construction
- National Monument/Shame of Scotland – still there, still half finished, still epic
- Arthur’s Seat
- National Museum – so huge now that they have finished the reno!
As for the rest of Europe – leave me your suggestions, or let me know if you need a house sitter! email@example.com